Applications for 2018 were closed on January 12, 2018. Grants selections will be announced very soon.
Project criteria is listed below. Should you have questions, please send them to email@example.com.
Congratulations to Island Grown Initiative, the recipient of our 5-Year Anniversary Grant for $5,000. This grant was announced November 2, at our anniversary celebration. Click here for full criteria.
CARE for the Cape & Islands™
Project Funding Criteria
To be considered for CARE for the Cape and Islands funding you must be a 501c3 and your project must:
- Directly affect visitors’ experiences, and
- Include at least 5 of the following characteristics:
- A project that can be completed with one-time funding and is replicable and sustainable in other communities, protected areas, or Cape or island wide.
- Supports and/or enhances the development of a vibrant tourism economy for our region, though may be locally implemented.
- Project has clear leadership, which strengthens the local capabilities, not only professional but also institutional ones.
- Project with multiple stakeholders, involving direct participation of multiple entities and has been developed collaboratively among those directly involved.
- Project creates a clear link to Geotourism*, that will increase awareness among all stakeholders (including tourists and residents) of the impact of travel and tourism on the community and the environment, enhancing collaboration between tourism and related fields (agriculture, heritage, environment, culture, etc).
*Geotourism is defined as tourism that sustains or enhances the distinctive geographical character of a place-its environment, heritage, aesthetics, culture, and the wellbeing of its residents.
- Project includes a clear educational component that will empower community stakeholders.
Successful proposals MUST:
- Include specific, measurable outcomes based on a triple bottom line perspective (i.e. – How will this project impact people, planet, and profits in your region?).
- Contain project objectives that will be attained through the proposed activities.
- Include a project budget that accounts for the financial cost including labor, materials, overhead, professional services, etc.
- Recognize CARE as major funder and its CARE logo is required to be prominently integrated in all promotional material.
- Grant recipient will be requested to participate 2 or 3 x’s annually with CARE events such as CARE Day in the Spring and Annual Event in the Fall.
Grants will be announced in January.
This is a reimbursable grant. Funds will be paid upon completion of the project and upon receipt of a Final Project Report.
Project is to be completed within one year. A 3-month extension may be requested based upon special circumstances but not guaranteed.
Preference will be given to projects that can provide up to a 1:1 match (in cash and/or in kind) to support the completion of the project.
Preference will be given to projects with budgets that limit overhead expenses in their project budgets to no more than 10%.
Special attention will be given to projects that include a hands-on experiential opportunity.
Infrastructure for Community Livability
Sense of place
Food and Culture
We are looking for projects, whose impacts are continued, lasting, easily maintained and reach/touch a significant number of people. More information on grant criteria may be found here. Please visit our website for a list of previous projects. https://careforthecapeandislands.org/projects-3/
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Funding will be awarded upon completion of the project and receipt of Final Report. Project must be completed within 12 months of award announcement. A 90 day extension may be requested based upon extenuating circumstances.